Tuesday 9 November 2021

One of a kind

Good afternoon

How many times do you go into a card shop looking for a card only to come face to face with a low choice? I overheard a conversation in a shop today with a lady asking staff for a card she needed. The shop I was in doesn't actually sell cards. They referred her to a larger chain shop suggesting she looks there only to be told by the lady that she had looked there already and there were only 2 cards on the subject she was after, a bereavement card. She was upset that there was nowhere else to look nearby. If only she knew someone that made cards. I was so tempted to speak to her but I knew due to current commitments that I wouldn't be able to make one quickly for her and this did upset me. She would have been able to give a card to someone, to let them know she was thinking about them at this sad time, and there would also be the satisfaction that the person would not get countless cards in the same design as everyone had the same problem of not locating a good choice of cards and had to settle with the only one they could find.

Lesson learnt, try to be in touch with various people that can help you when needed. You never know when or what you will want some help with even if its only a small request. 

These are two sympathy cards I have made in the past, simple and to the point. I hope you like them. You wont find these in the shops at all, they are one of a kind.


Enjoy the rest of your day, see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment