Tuesday 16 November 2021

Leavers cards - Part 2

Good morning once again, and Happy Tuesday to you all. I hope you managed to get through Monday well and are raring to go today. What do you all have planned? I will be working the late shift for the next week, so I have the mornings free to make other cards. As soon as I cross one card off the to-do list another 2-3 cards are added, unfortunately, 3 more leaving cards which is good and bad. Good as I have more card orders but bad as I will be losing more lovely colleagues I work with.

Today's cards were again cut out on my Cricut. I'm getting used to it more and more each time I use it and find better ways of making items. The first card I also designed by adding SVG elements and welding altogether. These represented items on my colleague's office desk and I added the sentiment in also along with her name. Once cut out I mounted the image onto a coloured backing paper then stuck it to an 8x8" scalloped card. These are my favourite blank cards for using when making cards as they are very sturdy and tend not to bend after adding several layers to the front. I finished off with some lovely contrasting pearl gems in the corners.


On the second card I made I cut the letters out on the Cricut in one of my favourite fonts. I have several fonts I use and when trying to decide which one I use a website called Wordmark.it. This website allows you to type the word you want to use and then it shows the word in all the fonts available on your PC. You can then see which one will look best before cutting and wasting any card. Again I use this for most cards I make that have wording on the front. I double cut the letters in two colours and mounted them slightly to the side. I then finished the card off with some bright flowers from my stash that I've looked at so many times and never had the right opportunity to use them.


I hope you enjoyed looking at today's, cards. Please come back again tomorrow.

Bye for now, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment