Sunday, 27 December 2009
The candles below were done after my friend asked me if I could add some pics onto them for her. Ribbons and gems were also put on from my stash.
Watch out for more pics to be posted, hopefully in the next wk! Bye for now and happy crafting xx
Friday, 18 December 2009
Saturday, 5 December 2009
The backing paper was found on internet and also the picture which I have decoupaged. The spiders in the corners are buttons from my stash.
This stamp was borrowed from a friend at a recent crop, coloured with Promarkers and glittered with Glamour Dust.
I just love the colours in these Docrafts Christmas papers, and of course the card candy as usual!!
Another easel card using the lovely blue Docraft papers. Ribbon from my stash. Always have trouble making bows so I decided to dig out my bow maker and wow... how simple are they now. Will be using this from now on.
My first attempt at putting a pic onto a candle and so pleased I have finally had a go. 3 Christmas presents now made!!!! Was a bit unsure about the heating bit but once you can see the paper changing its quite straightforward just have to make sure you dont keep the heat in one place. Will definitely be making some more of these for different occasions.
Slightly blurred pic but hope you can see it ok. Papers and idea from Making Cards mag.
More papers from Making Cards mag.
Thursday, 3 December 2009
Evening everyone, I'm just so pleased I have won an award, my first one ever! Now I have to do the following.
1. Copy this award to your blog
2. Link to the person who gave the award to you
3. Share 7 interesting facts about yourself
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to pass this award on to
5. Link to their blogs
6. Leave them a comment to let them know about this award
Well here goes, I will try my best!
First I have to thank Nicolafor being kind enough and giving me this award, it makes it all worthwhile when there is positive feedback on my cards.
Now for 7 interesting facts about me (or not!)
1. I have 2 wonderful children who I absolutely adore and couldnt live without but I have never experienced contractions as I had 2 planned caesareans due to ..........
2. I had a brain haemorrhage when I was 22 yrs old and was not allowed to go through natural births.
3. I spend too much time crafting and not enough time doing housework!!!
4. I once abseiled down a block of flats in Bromley, Kent to raise money for the building of Demelza House Childrens Hospice.
5. I won £50 on the Premium Bonds 21yrs ago and have won nothing since!
6. I have just started a new job as a Clinical Support Worker at our local hospital.
7. I prefer the summer to the winter.
I hope something caught your eye in all of that, now to choose 7 people for the award.
1. First to Karen whose blog is lovely. I liked the easel card with the poem for the teacher.
2. Secondly Is Caryn, I dont know how you manage to make such wonderful cards and cake boxes and have a lovely blog when you have 5 children, I have trouble and I've only got 2!!
3. The next award is to Alex who I have been a fan of since she sent such a wonderful card to my daughter last yr on her birthday (along with some freebies!).
Well its taken me hour and half to get this far so Im going to call it a night. There are lots of other people I would like to pass the award to but they have already been given it. I think everyone has their own special talent and there are so many wonderful blogs on here it is tough to find 7. Please dont think that you must be rubbish because you dont have the award because its not true, you all have something that catches our eye on your blogs because we keep coming back xxx
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
Backing paper for the card below was made by my wonderful mum (she just has the nack!!). Pics are from the Kanban Male set off QVC. It needed to be Liverpool paper as just being a red card could have looked like Arsenal and that would have been the worse thing ever to do for the person this card has been made for!!!
Another Christmas card! Spotty paper from Docrafts Forever Friends pack and the pic is of my 'nephew' and his son. Its such a lovely pic of them I hope he will be pleased with this.
Tuesday, 1 December 2009
Monday, 30 November 2009
This is a pyramage off of the Popcorn Bear Birthday CD.
I was asked to do a 'flashy card' by a friend so I'm hoping that she will be pleased with this. The pics came from a QVC Kanban Male set and also the paper which has tyre prints over it was also from there.
A gorgeous pic which I hope will be greatfully received!
The papers are from a HOTP pack which I just adore using as they give plenty to mix and match with. The flowers are from my stash!
I was kindly sent this picture and hope my friend likes it!
Again I have used some HOTP papers. The black flowers are Papermania and I have centred these with metallic brads.
Another Popcorn Bear but this time from the Floral CD. Again it is a pyramage. I have used my glue pen to highlight the edges of the tulips and then glittered with Glamour Dust (silver). Also did the tulips around the edges as it just gave it a bit of a lift. The corners are made using a Cuttlebug die. This is for a very dear friend of mine.
Sunday, 29 November 2009
Saturday, 28 November 2009
Friday, 27 November 2009
Thursday, 26 November 2009
I was asked to make a selection of christmas cards for an old work colleague and I thought this pyramage image was quite cute. It is printed from a disk and I have used Docrafts snowflake paper as backing and Kanban 'Merry Christmas' card as a separate layer under the pic. The round dots are from Craftwork Cards. I have got them in a variety of colours and use them all the time!!
I must go now as I really need to feed the children and then me, my daughter and mum are out for a crafting evening at the local children's hospice!! Bye for now x