Saturday 6 November 2021

Happy Saturday......

Good morning everyone

Well, it's a cold start to the day but I have already been out doing a couple of chores and I am now cosied up in my craft room with a list as long as my arm of cards I need to start making today. It is a good day and I am feeling very positive with things I have ahead of me.

The card below is one I made recently when I bought some new pens from Amazon. I've been using Promarkers in the past but several of these are now running out and I was looking at changing to a different brand. I still need ones that blend well as I enjoy colouring digi images in and using these on my cards but I was stuck on which brand to go for. Copics look lovely and I follow several people on Facebook and blogs that have lovely colouring skills but Copics can prove to be very expensive if you want the whole set. I was looking on Amazon and came across the Ohuhu pens. These had very good reviews and the price was excellent. There were several sets to choose from and once purchasing a set you can then add to that with other sets. I decided to go for the 200 pen collection as this had a good assortment of colours. I have then added the skin colouring and pastel set to my Christmas list.

After colouring the image I mounted this on a base layer that had the word 'brother' cut out using my Cricut Air2. The good thing about digi images is you can resize them to suit whatever size card you are making. This is the first time I have done one this big and I'm pleased with how it come out. I am enjoying designing cards on my Cricut now and I'm gradually getting used to how to do things. This layer was also then mounted onto another piece of contrasting card and card candy was used as a finishing touch. This card wasn't an order this time so I have added it to my box of spares for whenever someone asks for a card. I hope you like this and it helps you with your own ideas for the future.


Have a lovely day and I hope to see you back here again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment