Sunday 11 July 2010

At last I can show you.....

the cards I have been making lately as the celebrations have happened!! First one is a lovely fairy card. I just adore this image at the moment which is from Karens Doodles.


I was asked to make a card for a 4yr old with a princess castle on it. After having trouble trying to work out the best way to do it I borrowed a Craft Companions 'Girl' CD from my lovely friend Eileen and got the idea from there. I have glittered parts of the card and added a fairy and fairy dust.

A box was needed for this card also as it is raised.


The next 2 cards were requests for twin girls. One girl is mad on mermaids and the other is a High School Musical/Zac Efron fan. The mermaid is another Karens Doodles image and I made the backing paper after finding a picture of Arial on Google. The image was coloured as near to the same colours as I could. The Zac Efron pic was another image I found which I then pyramaged and also made backing paper to match.


Yesterday was my mum and dad's 45th Wedding Anniversary and I needed to think up 3 different ideas for cards as my dad asked me to make one and then I needed to do one from both me and my children (Sophie & Connor). My dad's one was made using an old photo of them both, making the backing paper and then mounting the photo. I got the idea for my card from another blog Ive been looking through lately that has some wonderful cards on. If I remember rightly it is a lady called Yvonne. I used a fancy die and wound it around an octagonal frame. The image is a Karens Doodles one again! Lastly the card from my children was on a similar scale to my friend Eileen's card but instead of using the Fleur de Lis Shapeabilities die, as I had seen on one of Eileen's cards, I used a different one. (I wont mention the fact that it was because she forgot to bring it with her to a crop we went to so I could borrow it!!!!!! lol)


Well I have caught up at last and hope you enjoy looking at my latest efforts. Im off to bed shortly as Ive got work for the next 2 days but I have still got some orders to make so if the weather isnt too hot I may be able to get them done.
Happy crafting to you all xx

2 comments:

  1. fantastic cards angela, love them all.the castle one is gorgeous.hope you are well.
    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your lovely friend Eileen here!!! I think this whole batch of cards is some of your best work ....the cards for Your mum and dad are very clever with the backgrounds.....yeah sorry I forgot the die ....Got another new one now ...I will bring it to the next crop !!! xx

    ReplyDelete